Thursday, November 13, 2003

Death penalty

death penalty a choice?? I've never though about it but the more I do, the more I like it... really not a bad idea. Well, I agree with.. heu.. everyone!! hehehehe.. of couse death penalty is cruel and in a democratic world it shouldn't exist but do they give us a choice? I mean, I' m not saying will should kill all the criminals just the excreme cases. Of the 875 prisoners executed in the United States in modern times, not one has been retroactively proved innocent! isn't that a good news?

"If we execute murderers and there is in fact no deterrent effect, we have killed a bunch of murderers. If we fail to execute murderers, and doing so would in fact have deterred other murders, we have allowed the killing of a bunch of innocent victims. I would much rather risk the former. This, to me, is not a tough call."

John McAdams - Marquette University/Department of Political Science, on deterrence

The vedetta?? Man I'm a brazilian and I never hurd of it!! Talk about culture!! hehehe.
Well I think that's all for today guys I'll leave you to your thinking...
See ya,

Paula

P.S: Look Diego, you have it all right so don't piss me of or I'll have you killed! Capisco??